Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Super Healthy Tea

I love my daily "tea"! Local, raw honey; lemon and fresh grated ginger. I rarely get sick or have any allergy symptoms anymore, even with a backyard full of oak pollen.


Honey, like so many super foods, has too many benefits to list here. It contains enzymes, vitamins and minerals. It's antibacterial, an antioxidant and increases the immune system.
Raw honey has bits of pollen that is full of healthy vitamins, minerals and enzymes that are removed during processing.
Local honey has the allergens local to your area, so it helps prevent allergies from local irritants.

Lemon has too many health benefits to list them all.To name a few, lemon is an anti-carcinogenic, antiviral, anti aging, detoxifying, contains many vitamins, minerals, helps lower blood sugar, dissolves gall stones and helps balance PH.

Ginger is an anti-inflammatory, clears sinuses and breaks up congestion. It helps with nausea, digestion, gas, cramps and circulation.

My Super Healthy "Tea" Recipe
Slice a small lemon and place it into a jar. Fill the jar with raw, local honey. Grate about one inch of fresh ginger into the jar. Put a lid on it and turn upside down a couple times throughout the day relieving pressure as it builds up.
The lemon will break down the honey so the honey will become watery.

I use 1-2 Tbs in a cup of hot water or sometimes green tea. I used to drink it every morning, but then I switched to evenings. Now I drink hot lemon water in the morning. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment