Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year starts with a schedule

     What are your New Year Resolutions?
     This year I want to get more organized. I need organization around the house, but more importantly, in my life. My first area to tackle...again, is time. I never have enough time to do the things I need/want to do.
    I have a great book about scheduling your time, but like most procrastinators, I keep putting it off. My goal to help get organized this year, is to set up a blog by January 1st, 2013. (Check) Why a blog? I'm hoping it will help me to become more organized in my thoughts and goals, and therefore, better with my time. Now I'm ready to get back to the book.
   
I'm  making a chart with the days of the week across the top and times from wake up - bedtime down the side in half hour increments.
Below is an example of a typical Wednesday.
I hope this helps anyone trying to get organized. I already have to do some tweaking on this one. Nap time isn't happening until 2 and I'm not prepared for dinner. I'm going to use this week as a set up and adjustment week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Step 1: Put all timed events on your schedule. For me, this is Sunday- Church 11:00- 12:30. 1st and 3rd Mondays- Ministry 7:00pm-8:30pm....and so on. This would also include work and school. On my physical schedule, I also block off travel time and getting dressed/ready time.
Step 2: Schedule Quiet Time  My earliest riser gets up at 7:00 am now, thank you Lord! So I get up about 6:00 am for quiet time and a cup of uninterrupted tea.
Step 3: Schedule flexible timed events.  Meal times, naps for little ones, nursing babies...Allow for prep time if not included in chores.
Step 4: Schedule chores and extra-curricular activities  Chores are daily, weekly and monthly, and include grocery shopping. Extra-curricular activities include anything from piano lessons to play dates to projects.


     6:00am - dress/breakfast                                2:00pm - (kids nap) projects                            
     6:30am - devotions (blog)                              2:30pm - kids up, changed, snack              
     7:00am - baby-change/dress and feed            3:00pm - (play outside) project-  
     7:30am - chores - feed animals                       3:30pm - (play outside) project-              
     8:00am - family breakfast                   .           4:00pm - kids- bath time                                  
     8:30am - (kids free play) chores - dishes        4:30pm - chores- dinner prep                          
     9:00am -  structured play-puzzles                   5:00pm - Dinner                                              
     9:30am -  pre-school activities                        5:30pm - chores-dishes                                  
    10:00am - pre-school sctivities                        6:00pm - get ready for church                        
    10:30am - chores- errands                              6:30pm - (travel time)                                    
    11:00am - chores- errands                              7:00pm - Church 7-8:15                                
    11:30am - chores - prep for lunch                   7:30pm - Church                                            
    12:00pm - family lunch                                    8:00pm - Church                                            
    12:30pm - chores - dishes                               8:30pm - (travel time)                                      
     1:00pm - (kids nap) projects - market prep    9:00pm -  snacks, bed prep for kids                
    1:30pm -  (kids nap) projecta- market prep     9:30pm - kids bedtime routine                          

If you're doing this with me, be flexible with it.
God bless,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment